Request For Proposal – Services Of Public Relations /communications Consultant
The Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd (MIC) wishes to enlist the services of a Public Relations (PR) Consultancy firm in Mauritius to provide strategic advice and support in its communication activities
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
SERVICES OF PUBLIC
The Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd (MIC) wishes to enlist the services of a Public Relations (PR) Consultancy firm in Mauritius to provide strategic advice and support in its communication activities as per the following scope of work:
- The selected Consultancy would be expected to design and execute an annual ongoing programme during the tenure of engagement to ensure, at regional and international levels, media visibility through a high impact communication strategy and proactively organizing media relation and PR activations.
- The objective of the PR strategy would be, at regional and international levels, to enhance awareness and disseminate information regarding the role and activities of the MIC as well as its positive impact on the Mauritian economy and social stability.
- With this overarching objective, the indicative list of activities to be undertaken would, inter alia, include the following: — Prepare and design an effective and comprehensive Image Building Strategy and an annual Image Building plan for the policies, activities and events of the MIC. The image building strategy, approach, monthly calendars and schedule must be submitted and finalised with the approval of the MIC.- Execute the approved Strategy through both ongoing initiatives and event specific initiatives as well as dedicated Image Building campaigns.
– Keep the media abreast of all important developments related to the MIC and its activities. The Consultancy will proactively identify appropriate opportunities to highlight latest developments and announcements. This could be through press releases, press briefing, media interactions, interviews, press conferences, round tables, etc. as appropriate.
– Arrange for international media to cover events organized by the MIC.
– Arrange for media coverage of any significant event attended by the Board members or senior management of the MIC and its stakeholders in Mauritius and overseas.
– The Consultancy will map opportunities for the leadership team of the MIC and relevant stakeholders/public representatives for consistent media visibility. This includes creating talking points for the media interactions by any board member, employee, senior leadership team member of the MIC and its stakeholders.
– Target media: Print – international mainline & financial dailies, business and general interest; Online media – as appropriate
– The Consultancy will develop and submit a customized online PR strategy that would work in tandem with the traditional PR plan and in collaboration with other suppliers.
– The Consultancy will identify and undertake thought leadership initiatives and will be responsible for identifying and suggesting speaker opportunities which would lead to increased awareness or shaping policies and opinions
– The Consultancy will undertake Strategic Counseling and Spokespersons/Stakeholders training.
– The Consultancy is expected to have a close liaison with correspondents, reporters, editors, photographers, think – tanks, critics, trendsetters and other such opinion leaders.
Requirements and deliverables
- . The Consultancy should designate a local as well as an international Project Manager to act as focal
points contact. The Curriculum Vitae of both Project Managers must be submitted. The Project
Manager must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience and the strategic depth to interact with senior
officials on public relations and related issues and should hold a decision-making position in the
- For successful implementation and execution of the Image Building Strategy/Plan, the selected
Consultancy will put in place sufficient resources to ensure timely compliance of the various
activities and deliverables as mentioned in the scope of work above.
- The Consultancy should have a proven capacity to carry out the scope of work as listed above. The
activations and delivery mechanism based on the Image Building strategy approved by the MIC
would accordingly include;
a) Press Releases;
b) Press Interviews;
c) Media Meetings and Press conferences;
d) Featured article placements in print/electronic media;
e) Regional and International Media coverage;
f) Monthly reporting; and
g) Speaking opportunities such as roundtable, conferences etc.
The contract will be for a duration of one year (renewable) on a retainer fee basis. The quote should be
for a fixed monthly fee.
Mode of Application
– Applications should be deposited in sealed envelope marked ‘SERVICES OF PUBLIC RELATIONS/COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT’ at the Registered Office of the Mauritius
Investment Corporation Ltd (MIC), Sir William Newton Street, Port Louis, at latest by 7 February 2023 at 16:00 hours (local time). Applications received after the closing date and time shall be rejected.
– Any requests for clarification or additional information should be addressed in writing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to the Chief Executive Officer.
The MIC reserves the right to accept or reject all applications, without incurring any liability towards any Applicant or any obligation to inform any Applicant of the grounds for its decisions. MIC also reserves the right to cancel this exercise.
About Mauritius Investment Corporation (MIC)
The Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd (MIC) is a private limited company fully owned by the Bank of Mauritius. The mission of the MIC is to support and accelerate the economic development of Mauritius. It aims to sustain the long- term prosperity of Mauritius by prudently growing its capital through a disciplined investment process. The objectives of the Company are, amongst others, to –
- support and accelerate the economic development of Mauritius and build a savings base for the citizens of Mauritius;
- assist systemically large, important and viable corporations or companies incorporated in Mauritius which are financially distressed as a result of COVID-19 pandemic;
- invest the assets under its management to secure key basic necessities; and support higher long-term growth;
- establish three portfolios namely: Future Generations, Infrastructure, and Equity Participation; and
- hold financial assets.