Our objectives & parameters
Our investment strategy is to establish a portfolio of asset classes yielding real returns in the long term.
The investment objectives and parameters of the MIC, amongst others, are to:
- Assist systemically large, important and viable corporations or companies incorporated in Mauritius which are financially distressed as result of the Covid-19 pandemic;
- Support and accelerate the economic development of Mauritius and build a savings base for the citizens of Mauritius, by inter alia-
- Investing in companies geared towards building self-sufficiency in key basic necessities
- Investing in companies enhancing Mauritius as an innovation-driven economy
- Invest the assets under its management to secure key basic necessities and support higher long-term growth of Mauritius.
In the pursuit of its investment objective, the MIC will initially establish three portfolios, namely:
- A Portfolio to invest in systemically important corporations or companies in order to financially redress them
- A Future Generations Portfolio to enhance Mauritius as an innovation-driven economy and build a savings base for the citizens of Mauritius
- An Infrastructure Portfolio to invest in the development of critical infrastructure of the country.
In accordance with its investment objectives, the selection criteria and performance assessment.
Investment Performance Criteria
For each investment opportunity that the MIC engages into, the developmental impact must be clear…
Eligible Investment Instruments
In the pursuit of its investment objectives, the MIC should have a range of financial instruments at its disposal.
In line with its investment objectives, the MIC has a long-term investment horizon.
In managing its portfolios, the MIC shall ensure that they remain appropriately diversified against risk.
The MIC shall invest in a responsible manner, considering environmental and social.