The Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd (MIC) is a private limited company, having as objectives amongst others, to support and accelerate the economic development of Mauritius and to build a savings base for the citizens of Mauritius.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate should hold the Cambridge Higher School Certificate as well as possess experience in a similar role. A Diploma holder in Secretarial Studies would constitute an advantage.
- Act as personal secretary to the Chief Executive Officer and to perform related secretarial duties.
- Manage agendas, arrange for appointments and maintain schedules (email, meetings, calendar, conferences, etc) of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Maintain and file confidential records.
- Operate a multi-line telephone switchboard.
- Take messages/notes and transmit them accordingly.
- Receive and direct visitors to appropriate offices.
- Acknowledge, record and transmit incoming and outgoing mails.
- Perform clerical duties as and when required and any such related duties as may be assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS
The candidate should have:
- An up-to-date working knowledge of the latest software packages (for e.g Microsoft Word, Excel) related to secretarial work.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
- Ability to operate modern office equipment and to work under pressure.
- Dynamic with good organizational skills
TERMS AND REMUNERATION
The position will be initially on a two-year contractual basis, with possibility to convert into permanent and pensionable establishment of the Institution.
An attractive salary package commensurate with qualifications, will be offered to the right candidate.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications along with curriculum vitae, motivation letter and all supporting documents for the post (National Identity Card, academic and certified professional certificates, evidence of working experience) shall be submitted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org OR in a sealed envelope, along with copies of the above-mentioned documents, together with the job reference clearly marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd,
Level 3, Bank of Mauritius, Old Building
Sir William Newton Street, Port Louis
The deadline for the submission of applications is Friday 30 September 2022 at 16hrs00 (local time)
NOTE FOR APPLICANTS
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate applications may cause an applicant’s elimination. It is an offence to give information which is false or to conceal any relevant information. This will lead to an application being rejected or, if a candidate has already been appointed, to the termination of his/her appointment.
- Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview and they may be required to undergo any selection process, which may be applicable for the position.
- Recruitment by the Institution is made solely on the basis of qualifications and merit. Recruitment is not made against reward of any kind. Applicants must therefore guard themselves against any person who promises employment against reward, financial or otherwise, and report the case immediately to the nearest Police Station.
- Any person who directly or indirectly by himself or by other person and in any manner, influences or attempts to influence any decision of the interview panel or that of the Institution or its Board shall commit an offence and shall be automatically disqualified from the recruitment process and may be liable to criminal prosecution.
- The Institution reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement without any obligation to give any reason to the candidate(s) of the grounds of its actions.
16 September 2022