Chief Investment Officer
The Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd (MIC) is a private limited company, having as objectives amongst others, to support and accelerate the economic development of Mauritius and to build a savings base for the citizens of Mauritius.
The MIC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above-mentioned position.
Chief Investment Officer
The Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd (MIC) is a private limited company having as objectives, amongst others, to support and accelerate the economic development of Mauritius and to build a savings base for the citizens of Mauritius.
The MIC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Chief – Investment Officer. The person will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer of the MIC.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate should hold:
- Cambridge Higher School Certificate with three subjects at Principal Level at one and same sitting;
- A professional qualification such as CFA, ACA, ACCA and CIMA with at least seven (7) years relevant post qualification working experience.
- A postgraduate degree in Economics/ Finance/ Investment/ Financial Mathematics from a recognized university, with at least seven (7) years relevant post qualification working experience in the financial, investment and portfolio management services sector
- Monitor investment processes and write clear and well-informed investment recommendations
backed by appropriate research and analysis;
- Prepare regular investment reports and reviews;
- Manage MIC’s investment strategy;
- Ensure that the asset management activity takes place in a structured environment with a high degree of risk awareness;
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer in any other task, as may be assigned; and
- Perform such related duties as may be assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS
The candidate should:
- Good Leadership and Team Management skills
- Significant analytical and quantitative skills
- Time Management skills
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both in written and oral English and French)
- Ability to develop a communicative and trustful working atmosphere in which staff members feel recognized
- Ability to use judgement, and show initiative and independence
- Ability to work under pressure and to think ‘out of the box’
TERMS AND REMUNERATION
The position is on a two-year contractual basis, with possibility to convert into permanent and pensionable establishment of the MIC.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications along with curriculum vitae, motivation letter and all supporting documents for the post (National Identity Card, academic and certified professional certificates, evidence of working experience) shall be submitted:
- in a sealed envelope, along with copies of the above-mentioned documents, together with the job reference clearly marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd,
Level 3, Bank of Mauritius, Old Building
Sir William Newton Street, Port Louis
The deadline for the submission of applications by Friday, 17 February 2023 at 16hr00 Latest .
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE FOR APPLICANTS
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate applications may cause an applicant’s elimination. It is an offence to give information which is false or to conceal any relevant information. This will lead to an application being rejected or, if a candidate has already been appointed, to the termination of his/her appointment.
- Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview and they may be required to undergo any selection process, which may be applicable for the position.
- Recruitment by the MIC is made solely on the basis of qualifications and merit. Recruitment is not made against reward of any kind. Applicants must therefore guard themselves against any person who promises employment against reward, financial or otherwise, and report the case immediately to the nearest Police Station.
- Any person who directly or indirectly by himself or by other person and in any manner, influences or attempts to influence any decision of the interview panel or that of the MIC or its Board shall commit an offence and shall be automatically disqualified from the recruitment process and may be liable to criminal prosecution.
- The Institution reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement without any obligation to give any reason to the candidate(s) of the grounds of its actions.
03 February 2023