THE POSITION OF ASSISTANT ANALYST
16 June 2023
The MIC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above-mentioned position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate should hold:
- Cambridge Higher School Certificate with three (3) subjects at Principal Level at one and same sitting; and
- A degree in Finance or Accounting or Economics or Investment from a recognised university or any relevant equivalent qualification with three (3) years’ proven post-qualification working experience; and
Holder of professional qualifications will have an advantage.
Provide assistance to the respective department.
- To develop and analyse economic, social, environmental, financial and other relevant information and/or data required for the attainment of the objectives of the organisation.
- To assist in the evaluation and reporting of the progress in the implementation programmes and objects of the organisation.
- To conduct analysis of applications for investment.
- Assist in appraising business plans, perform due diligence exercise and financial analysis.
- Collect economic and financial information of business, industry and market conditions for the purpose of investment decisions and identify new business opportunies,
- Perform such related duties as may be assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS
The successful candidate should have:
- good leadership and team management skills.
- significant problem solving and analytical skills.
- high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- ability to work under pressure.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications, along with curriculum vitae, motivation letter and all supporting documents for the post (National Identity Card, academic and certified professional certificates, evidence of working experience) shall be submitted:
- in a sealed envelope, along with copies of the above-mentioned documents, together with the job reference clearly marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd,
Level 3, Bank of Mauritius, Old Building
Sir William Newton Street, Port Louis.
The deadline for the submission of applications is Friday, 30 June 2023 at 16hr00 latest.
NOTE FOR APPLICANTS
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate applications may cause an applicant’s elimination. It is an offence to give information which is false or to conceal any relevant information. This will lead to an application being rejected or, if a candidate has already been appointed, to the termination of his/her appointment.
- Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview and they may be required to undergo any selection process, which may be applicable for the position.
- Recruitment by the MIC is made solely on the basis of qualifications and merit. Recruitment is not made against reward of any kind. Applicants must therefore guard themselves against any person who promises employment against reward, financial or otherwise, and report the case immediately to the nearest Police Station.
- Any person who directly or indirectly by himself or by other person and in any manner, influences or attempts to influence any decision of the interview panel or that of the MIC or its Board shall commit an offence and shall be automatically disqualified from the recruitment process and may be liable to criminal prosecution.
- The Institution reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement without any obligation to give any reason to the candidate(s) of the grounds of its actions.
16 June 2023