THE POSITION OF ANALYSTS (MIC/AN/09/21)
The Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd (MIC) is a private limited company, having as objectives amongst others, to support and accelerate the economic development of Mauritius and to build a savings base for the citizens of Mauritius.
The MIC is expanding its team and is inviting experienced individuals to apply for the post of:
- Analyst (MIC/AN/02/22)
- Company Secretary (MIC/CS/02/22)
- Legal Counsel/Officer (MIC/LC/02/22)
- Communications Officer (MIC/CO/02/22)
- Facilities Officer (MIC/FO/02/22)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate should hold:
- Cambridge Higher School Certificate with three (3) subjects (one and the same sitting) at Principal Level; and
- A degree in Accounting/Banking/Civil Engineering/Communications/Economics/Finance/ Investment/Law/Quantity Surveying, with five (5) years’ proven post-qualification working experience;
A Postgraduate degree in Accounting/Banking/Civil Engineering/Communications/ Economics/Finance/Investment/Law/Quantity Surveying, with three (3) years’ proven post-qualification working experience;
Professional qualifications such as CFA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA FRM and ICSA with three (3) years’ proven post-qualification working experience.
Experience in investment analysis will be an added advantage.
With respect to the position the candidate is applying for, He/She should have, at the minimum, the following skillset:
- Conversant with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of Mauritian Law, banking and finance laws, commercial law, contract law, employment law, AML/CFT, internal control and compliance.
- Knowledge in investment appraisal techniques, economic and financial analysis, legal risk management.
- Knowledge of accounting software, accounting standards and practices.
- Understanding of domestic/international financial markets and products.
- Expertise in managing budgets, strategic management and project management.
- Experience in construction, building and infrastructural works.
The key responsibilities for each post will be communicated to the incumbent on assumption of duty.
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS
The candidate should, inter alia:
- have strong numeracy, analytical and strategic skills.
- possess good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- have the ability work in a multi-disciplinary team, under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- be proactive and committed to continuous learning.
- be able to coordinate a variety of tasks and responsibilities.
- be able to work at odd hours when required.
TERMS AND REMUNERATION
The position will be initially on a two-year contractual basis, with possibility to convert into permanent and pensionable establishment of the MIC.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications along with curriculum vitae, motivation letter and all supporting documents for the post (National Identity Card, academic and certified professional certificates, evidence of working experience) shall be submitted:
- in a sealed envelope, along with copies of the above-mentioned documents, together with the job reference clearly marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd,
Level 3, Bank of Mauritius, Old Building
Sir William Newton Street, Port Louis
The deadline for the submission of applications is Friday, 11 March 2022.
NOTE FOR APPLICANTS
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate applications may cause an applicant’s elimination. It is an offence to give information which is false or to conceal any relevant information. This will lead to an application being rejected or, if a candidate has already been appointed, to the termination of his/her appointment.
- Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview and they may be required to undergo any selection process, which may be applicable for the position.
- Recruitment by the MIC is made solely on the basis of qualifications and merit. Recruitment is not made against reward of any kind. Applicants must therefore guard themselves against any person who promises employment against reward, financial or otherwise, and report the case immediately to the nearest Police Station.
- Any person who directly or indirectly by himself or by other person and in any manner, influences or attempts to influence any decision of the interview panel or that of the MIC or its Board shall commit an offence and shall be automatically disqualified from the recruitment process and may be liable to criminal prosecution.
- The MIC reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement without any obligation to give any reason to the candidate(s) of the grounds of its actions.
25 February 2022