QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate should hold:
- Cambridge Higher School Certificate; and
- At least a Diploma in Accounting/ Finance/ Management/Legal Studies/Information Technology from a recognised university or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the MIC.
- Provide administrative support to a designated Officer of the MIC in the delivery of his functions.
- Prepare, scrutinize and process documents.
- Oversee general office correspondence and documents according to competencies and maintain files, forms, reports, and other materials.
- Retrieve, sort and process e-mails and prepare materials and draft/send replies to correspondence.
- Carry out registry, finance, human resource, and procurement duties, under supervision.
- Carry out basic research on matters pertaining to MIC Office.
- Perform such related duties as may be assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS
The candidate should:
- possess good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
- have the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- be proactive and committed to continuous learning
- have a positive attitude towards work
- be computer literate
- be able to work under pressure.
TERMS AND REMUNERATION
The position will be initially on a two-year contractual basis, with possibility to convert into permanent and pensionable establishment of the Institution.
An attractive salary package commensurate with qualifications, will be offered to the right candidate.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications along with curriculum vitae, motivation letter and all supporting documents for the post (National Identity Card, academic and certified professional certificates, evidence of working experience) shall be submitted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org OR in a sealed envelope, along with copies of the above-mentioned documents, together with the job reference clearly marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd,
Level 3, Bank of Mauritius, Old Building
Sir William Newton Street, Port Louis
The deadline for the submission of applications is Friday 30 September 2022 at 16hrs00 (local time)
NOTE FOR APPLICANTS
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate applications may cause an applicant’s elimination. It is an offence to give information which is false or to conceal any relevant information. This will lead to an application being rejected or, if a candidate has already been appointed, to the termination of his/her appointment.
- Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview and they may be required to undergo any selection process, which may be applicable for the position.
- Recruitment by the Institution is made solely on the basis of qualifications and merit. Recruitment is not made against reward of any kind. Applicants must therefore guard themselves against any person who promises employment against reward, financial or otherwise, and report the case immediately to the nearest Police Station.
- Any person who directly or indirectly by himself or by other person and in any manner, influences or attempts to influence any decision of the interview panel or that of the Institution or its Board shall commit an offence and shall be automatically disqualified from the recruitment process and may be liable to criminal prosecution.
- The Institution reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement without any obligation to give any reason to the candidate(s) of the grounds of its actions.
16 September 2022