THE POSITION OF QUANTITY SURVEYING OFFICER
16 June 2023
The MIC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above-mentioned position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate should hold:
- hold a Cambridge Higher School Certificate with three subjects at Principal Level at one and same sitting;
- hold at least a Diploma in Civil Engineering/ Quantity Surveying from a recognised university or an equivalent qualification;
- be duly registered with the Professional Quantity Surveyors’ Council; and
- have a minimum of three (3) years’ post qualifications experience.
- Prepare budgets, activity schedules, reports, bills of quantities and other associated documents;
- Undertake feasibility studies, site surveys and assist in the management of quantity surveying aspect;
- Analyse terms and conditions of contracts;
- Examine project outcomes and prepare financial reports related to works and services;
- Perform site visits and prepare technical reports, as and when required;
- Ensure that all deliverables submitted by consultants are in conformity with the Terms of Reference and Scope of Works; and
- Perform such related duties as may be assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS
The successful candidate should, inter alia:
- possess a critical and analytical mind.
- demonstrate high level of confidentiality.
- be self-motivated, detail-oriented and resourceful.
- possess good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- be able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
TERMS AND REMUNERATION
The position will be on a two-year contractual basis, with possibility to convert into permanent and pensionable establishment of the MIC.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications, along with curriculum vitae, motivation letter and all supporting documents for the post (National Identity Card, academic and certified professional certificates, evidence of working experience) shall be submitted:
- in a sealed envelope, along with copies of the above-mentioned documents, together with the job reference clearly marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd,
Level 3, Bank of Mauritius, Old Building
Sir William Newton Street, Port Louis.
The deadline for the submission of applications is Friday, 30 June 2023 at 16hr00 latest.
NOTE FOR APPLICANTS
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate applications may cause an applicant’s elimination. It is an offence to give information which is false or to conceal any relevant information. This will lead to an application being rejected or, if a candidate has already been appointed, to the termination of his/her appointment.
- Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview and they may be required to undergo any selection process, which may be applicable for the position.
- Recruitment by the MIC is made solely on the basis of qualifications and merit. Recruitment is not made against reward of any kind. Applicants must therefore guard themselves against any person who promises employment against reward, financial or otherwise, and report the case immediately to the nearest Police Station.
- Any person who directly or indirectly by himself or by other person and in any manner, influences or attempts to influence any decision of the interview panel or that of the MIC or its Board shall commit an offence and shall be automatically disqualified from the recruitment process and may be liable to criminal prosecution.
- The Institution reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement without any obligation to give any reason to the candidate(s) of the grounds of its actions.
16 June 2023