THE POSITION OF INFORMATION AND TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
16 June 2023
The MIC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above-mentioned position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate should hold:
- Cambridge Higher School Certificate with three subjects at Principal Level at one and same sitting; and
- A degree in Computer Science/ Information Systems/ Information Technology/ Computer Networks from a recognised university or any relevant equivalent qualification with five (5) years’ proven post-qualification working experience;
- Be responsible for the day-to day running of the IT Section and coordinate activities with other sections;
- Be responsible for the database, system and network administration and management;
- Provide technical support/services to users, analyse their requirements and provide solutions as and when necessary in a timely manner;
- Ensure the proper management and security of all IT Infrastructure/Application Systems;
- Support the operation and development of IT systems that allow for business continuity of the MIC’s activities in emergency and disaster situations;
- Prepare as and when necessary procedure manuals;
- Monitor compliance with IT related Laws and Regulations;
- Assist in the monitoring of threats and potential risks that could affect the organisation and communicate such findings as appropriate; and
- Perform such related duties as may be assigned.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
The candidate should have proven experience or certifications in any of the areas below:
- Network and Infrastructure
- Software Development
- Database Administration
- Voice Over IP
- Backup Management
- Business Continuity Planning
- Knowledge of Virtualisation (VMWare/Hyper V)
- Project Management
- Video Conferencing
- Wireless Technology
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS
The successful candidate should have:
- good leadership and team management skills.
- significant problem solving and analytical skills.
- high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- ability to work under pressure.
TERMS AND REMUNERATION
The position will be on a two-year contractual basis, with possibility to convert into permanent and pensionable establishment of the MIC.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications, along with curriculum vitae, motivation letter and all supporting documents for the post (National Identity Card, academic and certified professional certificates, evidence of working experience) shall be submitted:
- in a sealed envelope, along with copies of the above-mentioned documents, together with the job reference clearly marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd,
Level 3, Bank of Mauritius, Old Building
Sir William Newton Street, Port Louis.
The deadline for the submission of applications is Friday, 30 June 2023 at 16hr00 latest.
NOTE FOR APPLICANTS
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate applications may cause an applicant’s elimination. It is an offence to give information which is false or to conceal any relevant information. This will lead to an application being rejected or, if a candidate has already been appointed, to the termination of his/her appointment.
- Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview and they may be required to undergo any selection process, which may be applicable for the position.
- Recruitment by the MIC is made solely on the basis of qualifications and merit. Recruitment is not made against reward of any kind. Applicants must therefore guard themselves against any person who promises employment against reward, financial or otherwise, and report the case immediately to the nearest Police Station.
- Any person who directly or indirectly by himself or by other person and in any manner, influences or attempts to influence any decision of the interview panel or that of the MIC or its Board shall commit an offence and shall be automatically disqualified from the recruitment process and may be liable to criminal prosecution.
- The Institution reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement without any obligation to give any reason to the candidate(s) of the grounds of its actions.
16 June 2023