HUMAN RESOURCES EXECUTIVE
25th September 2023
The MIC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above-mentioned position.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Cambridge Higher School Certificate with three subjects at principal level; and
- A Postgraduate degree or a combination thereof in Human Resource Management or related discipline from a recognized institution; and
- A minimum of 3 years relevant post-qualification working experience in Human Resources field.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist Management in the development and implementation of HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy;
- To manage the recruitment and selection process for both staffs and workers by performing effective screening of candidates in relation to the required profile/vacancy available.
- To conduct induction of new employees and exit interviews for leavers;
- To ensure accurate and updated job descriptions are in place;
- To draft and process schemes of service.
- To assist Management in implementing and managing the performance appraisal system;
- To identify employee training needs, continuous development and career support needs (to carry out a training needs analysis, develop a training plan and ensure implementation of same);
- To assist in preparing Succession Planning;
- To maintain employee records and ensure the update of staff’s personnel file on a regular basis with regards to training and HR related activities;
- To maintain employee benefit administration, such as leave records, insurance cover, medical;
- To perform any cognate duties as may be assigned by Management.
Functional/Work based skills
- High Sense of Professionalism & Ethics
- People oriented and results driven
- Administration, negotiation and presentation skills
- Analytical skills, with the ability to effectively manage budgets
- Team Leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Fairness, Integrity and Confidentiality
- Discretion and Reliability
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Organizational skills
- Flexible – Ability to work long hours
TERMS AND REMUNERATION
The position will be on the permanent and pensionable establishment of the MIC, subject to the completion of a satisfactory probationary period of one (1) year.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications, along with an updated curriculum vitae, a motivation letter and a photocopy of all supporting documents for the post (National Identity Card, academic and certified professional certificates, evidence of any experience claimed) may be submitted on email@example.com OR in a sealed envelope, along with copies of the above-mentioned documents, together with the job reference clearly marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd
Level 4, The Docks 2, United Docks Business Park
Caudan, Port Louis
The deadline for the submission of applications is latest by Friday 20th October 2023.
NOTE FOR APPLICANTS
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate applications may cause an applicant’s elimination. It is an offence to give information which is false or to conceal any relevant information. This will lead to an application being rejected or, if a candidate has already been appointed, to the termination of his/her appointment.
- Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview and they may be required to undergo any selection process, which may be applicable for the position.
- Recruitment by the MIC is made solely on the basis of qualifications and merit. Recruitment is not made against reward of any kind. Applicants must therefore guard themselves against any person who promises employment against reward, financial or otherwise, and report the case immediately to the nearest Police Station.
- Any person who directly or indirectly by himself or by other person and in any manner, influences or attempts to influence any decision of the interview panel or that of the MIC or its Board shall commit an offence and shall be automatically disqualified from the recruitment process and may be liable to criminal prosecution.
- The Institution reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement without any obligation to give any reason to the candidate(s) of the grounds of its actions.