30 August 2023
The MIC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above-mentioned position.
Required Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Certificate of Primary Education
- Education at Secondary Level, if any.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in a related field
- To open and close office premises.
- To operate the reception counter, wherever applicable.
- To maintain a register of all visitors.
- To ensure that all switches/lights are turned off before leaving the premises.
- To assist in sending and posting letters at post office.
- To assist in documents dispatch as and when required.
- To check all meeting rooms, especially before and after meetings to ensure that they are kept tidy and in orderly manner at all times.
- To make and serve tea/coffee and be on duty during events/functions organisaed by the MIC.
- Clean, stock and supply designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc).
- To perform such related duties as may be assigned.
Competencies and Behavioural Skills
- Ability to communicate.
- Customer service skills.
- Courteous and Pleasant Personality.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good time management.
TERMS AND REMUNERATION
The position will be on the permanent and pensionable establishment of the MIC, subject to the completion of a satisfactory probationary period of one (1) year.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate(s).
Only the best qualified and experienced candidates will be called for interview.
MIC reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement nor to assign any reason whatsoever for accepting or rejecting any candidates.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications, along with curriculum vitae, motivation letter and all supporting documents for the post (National Identity Card, academic and certified professional certificates, evidence of working experience) shall be submitted:
- in a sealed envelope, along with copies of the above-mentioned documents, together with the job reference clearly marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
The Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd
Level 4, The Docks 2,
United Docks Business Park
Caudan, Port Louis.
The deadline for the submission of applications is Thursday 07 September, 2023.
NOTE FOR APPLICANTS
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate applications may cause an applicant’s elimination. It is an offence to give information which is false or to conceal any relevant information. This will lead to an application being rejected or, if a candidate has already been appointed, to the termination of his/her appointment.
- Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview and they may be required to undergo any selection process, which may be applicable for the position.
- Recruitment by the MIC is made solely on the basis of qualifications and merit. Recruitment is not made against reward of any kind. Applicants must therefore guard themselves against any person who promises employment against reward, financial or otherwise, and report the case immediately to the nearest Police Station.
- Any person who directly or indirectly by himself or by other person and in any manner, influences or attempts to influence any decision of the interview panel or that of the MIC or its Board shall commit an offence and shall be automatically disqualified from the recruitment process and may be liable to criminal prosecution.
- The Institution reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement without any obligation to give any reason to the candidate(s) of the grounds of its actions.
30 August 2023