The Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd (MIC) is a private limited company, having as objectives amongst others, to support and accelerate the economic development of Mauritius and to build a savings base for the citizens of Mauritius.
The MIC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above-mentioned position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate should hold:
- Hold Cambridge Higher School Certificate with three (3) subjects (one and the same sitting) at Principal Level; and
- Be fully qualified in ACCA/ACA/CPA or hold any relevant equivalent professional qualification;
- Have at least 3 years of accounting experience; and
- Be well organised with high level of accuracy.
With respect to the position the candidate is applying for, He/She should have, at the minimum, the following skill set:
- Strong knowledge of standards, policies, procedures, and general knowledge of accounting & auditing skills, concepts, and principles;
- Strong ability to supervise and train employees, including organising, prioritising, and scheduling of work assignments;
- Sound knowledge of IFRS standards;
- Computer skills: possess knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and also, proficiency in the use of Sage 300 or similar software.
The key responsibilities for the post will be communicated to the incumbent on assumption of duty.
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS
The candidate should, inter alia:
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer in the preparation of forecasts, budgets and actual reports
- Prepare and analyse financial statements to ensure accuracy and compliance to accounting standards.
- Prepare and submit monthly management accounts.
- Maintain Chart of Accounts and General Ledger.
- Prepare budgets and weekly cash flow forecast and conduct effective monitoring of banking facilities and debtors on a daily basis.
- Close monitoring of supplier payments.
- Maintain the fixed asset register.
- Perform reconciliations of general ledger accounts and bank reconciliations.
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and compare system reports to balances.
- Maintain records.
TERMS AND REMUNERATION
The position will be initially on a two-year contractual basis, with possibility to convert into permanent and pensionable establishment of the MIC.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications along with curriculum vitae, motivation letter and all supporting documents for the post (National Identity Card, academic and certified professional certificates, evidence of working experience) shall be submitted:
- in a sealed envelope, along with copies of the above-mentioned documents, together with the job reference clearly marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
Mauritius Investment Corporation Ltd,
Level 3, Bank of Mauritius, Old Building
Sir William Newton Street, Port Louis
The deadline for the submission of applications is Monday, 19 December 2022.
NOTE FOR APPLICANTS
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate applications may cause an applicant’s elimination. It is an offence to give information which is false or to conceal any relevant information. This will lead to an application being rejected or, if a candidate has already been appointed, to the termination of his/her appointment.
- Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview and they may be required to undergo any selection process, which may be applicable for the position.
- Recruitment by the MIC is made solely on the basis of qualifications and merit. Recruitment is not made against reward of any kind. Applicants must therefore guard themselves against any person who promises employment against reward, financial or otherwise, and report the case immediately to the nearest Police Station.
- Any person who directly or indirectly by himself or by other person and in any manner, influences or attempts to influence any decision of the interview panel or that of the MIC or its Board shall commit an offence and shall be automatically disqualified from the recruitment process and may be liable to criminal prosecution.
- The MIC reserves the right not to make any appointment following this advertisement without any obligation to give any reason to the candidate(s) of the grounds of its actions.
28 November 2022